Motherboard, as the name hints, is the mother of all parts attached to it. It is the kind of hardware that you have to trust as they are the backbone of any mining rig, so choosing the best motherboard for mining may not be that simple after all. The motherboard is what allows everything to work together on your computer so taking the time to decide before your purchase is a vital part.
There is more to consider than just the cost of the motherboard. It is imperative that you pick a strong and reliable one because nothing is more important than the “up-time.” The money will be lost every minute your rig is offline.
Choosing a motherboard with maximum efficiency, even in extreme performance configurations will provide end users the peace of mind for its absolute reliability and stability.
To begin your hunt for an excellent hardware for mining, it is very critical to consider the type of mining rig you are building. Are you looking to make an investment return or are you viewing its resale value after mining? Will it be a 6 GPU, 13 GPU, or only a few GPUs rig?
Are you also looking to make an investment return or are you considering its resale value after mining? The answer to these questions will make a grand choice for you.
To get you started on your search for the perfect motherboard for mining, read through this list of the top three mining motherboards on the market today.
Best Motherboard for Mining: Top Three Options
We have carefully researched and compared the features, advantages, and disadvantages of these products to help you in choosing the best motherboard for mining.
The GA-H110-D3A is the latest MoBo by Gigabyte. It supports 6 PCIe Slots which are perfect for mining and is also in support of 6th and 7th generation Intel core processors.
- Has an audio noise guard which comes with an LED trace lighting
- Comes with Realtek GbE LAN including cFosSpeed Internet Accelerator
- Has APP Center including EasyTune Cloud Station Utilities
- With GIGABYTE UEFI DualBIOS Technology
- Has 6 PCIe Slots
- In support of 7th and 6th Generation Intel Core Processors
- With Dual Channel DDR4
- Has onboard M.2 Connector
- Comes with top-quality audio capacitors
- It features enhanced humidity protection
- It has electrostatic, power failure and high-temperature protection
- It is designed to handle more power loads and emanates less EMI radiation
- It is equipped with solid capacitors
- It is provided with enhanced cooling system
- No SLI support
ASRock H110 Pro BTC+ 13GPU Mining CryptoCurrency
This product is designed for crypto mining and is ready to mine right out of the box with no need to do the additional set-up. It is compatible with professional mining operating system.
- 4 SATA3, 1 M.2 (SATA3)
- Graphics Output is DVI-D
- ELNA Audio Caps with 7.1 CH HD Audio
- 4 USB 3.1 Gen1
- Has On-board Power On and Reset Button
- With ASRock Super Alloy
- In support of 7th and 6th Generation Intel
- In support of DDR4 2400/2133
- 1 PCIe 3.0 x16, 12 PCIe 2.0 x1
- 13-GPU rig
- You will be able to save on components and space
- It features an onboard power
- It has reset buttons
- OS compatibility – Windows 10 does not accept more than 8 GPUs
- Claymore Miner limitation – 10 GPU limit
Biostar Motherboard TB250-BTC
This motherboard comes with six slots for GPU and additional power connectors. It also comes with a chipset which is up-to-date.
- In support of 7th Generation Intel Core Processor
- Has Intel B250 single chip architecture
- In support of 2-DIMM DDR4-2400/2133/1866 up to 32G
- Supports DVI-D output
- Has USB 3.0
- Intel LGA, 1151 CPU
- Has 7.1ch HD Audio
- Comes with SATA Power Connector
- Provides high-quality sound
- It delivers lower latency and the highest bandwidth
- Built to connect easily with next-generation components
- Meets high-reliability requirements for moisture protection
- Low resistance design means good thermal conductivity
- It features anti-surge protection
- In support of AM4 CPUs and APUs which are unnecessarily powerful
- Limited availability
After a thorough comparison of the features, pros, and cons, we have concluded that the best motherboard for mining is the GA-H110-D3A. It is meant to work with the newest Intel CPUs, and it supports DDR4 RAM and M.2 storage which is five times faster than SATA 3.
So if you are big with speed, ultimate performance, power efficiency and speedy transfer rates, its features bring the cutting edge to your next PC build.
Additionally, it also has glass fabric which provides enhanced protection against moisture and other physical effects like power failure or high-temperature damages. While all modern motherboards come with damage-preventing mechanisms, Gigabyte seemed to have taken it seriously and provided this product with high-end safety mechanisms.
However, if you want to assemble one 13-GPU rig instead of two 6-GPUs, the ASRock H110 Pro BTC+ is the more convenient choice for you. You will be able to save on components and avoid purchasing an additional RAM module, CPU and HDD, thus saving space too.
It will be convenient to have everything unified than having to monitor two separate rigs. Having the buttons right like its on-board power and reset buttons make this board even more convenient to use in a mining rig too.
Biostar’s TB250-BTC motherboard has an M.2 slot for installing onboard SSD modules, and there will be no need to waste 1X power SATA cable on HDD/SDD.
It also features the next version of Direct3D, which is one of the most critical game engines, designed to be faster and more efficient enabling scenes, more objects and full utilization of modern GPU hardware. This hardware can perform your regular tasks but can also support 6 GPUs for mining purposes.